Thank you, I have done as you suggested, and the connection string
works!

However the user I created has no permissions, not even select
permissions:

my log shows 5/3/2016 3:36:11 PM: no permission for SELECT access to
TABLE BLOGS ( and for every other attempt to access data)

I had named my User "LegacyUser" (was that a mistake?). Then, while
attached to the database through FlameRobin, ran these:

GRANT rdb$admin TO USER LegacyUser;

Above did not allow access, so I tried this:

ALTER USER LegacyUser GRANT ADMIN ROLE;

Even after this, the error at the top still appears.

I have always used SYSDBA account for my web applications, so I have no
experience with user accounts.

What might be missing?

Thanks

---
Kyle Green

On 2016-05-03 11:01, Mark Rotteveel wrote:

> See http://stackoverflow.com/q/36752916/466862 [3]
>
> In short edit Firebird.conf
> Add Legacy_Auth to AuthServer.
> Set WireCrypt to Enabled
> Add Legacy_UserManager to UserManager
>
> Create a user for legacy authentication.
>
> Mark
>
> Mark

Links:
------