Hi Fisers,

(1) I have been workign with the so-called Planckain Distribution Eqauiton
(PDE) that fits almost all long-tailed histograms generated in many fields  of
natural and human sciences, including atomic physics, protein folding, cell
metabolism, decision making, glottometrics, econometrics, etc [1-3].

(2) Defining what 'information' is may be akin to defining what 'PDE' is.  In
both cases, what we want to define has what may be called the type-token
duality (TTD) as indiacted in Table 1.

The type of 'information' may not be  easily defined in words alone but may be
defined unambiguously only in terms of a combination of words and a digram as
shown in the first column in Table 1.  Similarly, defining what PDE is may be
almost impossible  using words alone but must utilize mathematical symbols, not
natural linguistic symbols (see the top of the second column)

(3) Just as there are almost infinite nubmer of the 'tokens' of the 'PDE type',
each 'token PDE' being characterized by a unique set of three numerical values
of A, B and C (see the second column of Table 1), so there may be almost
infinite number of the 'tokens' of the 'information type', each 'token
information' being characterized by a unique set of 6 parameters, A, B, C, f,
g, and h that constitute the ITR, Irreducible Triadic relation [4].  Such a
definition of 'information' may be consistent with the 'parametric definition
of information' proposed by Mark in 2010 [5].

(4) As I intend to discuss it in a more detail in a later post, it is
interesting to point out that the shape of PDE curve embodies both the Shannon
entropy (the width of the curve as a measure of disorder) and the Planckian
information (the binary logarithm of the non-symmetric portion of the curve
denoted as I_P as a measure of order) [1-4].  Furthermore, I_P quantifies the
informational aspect of what I call "gnergy" [6], the complementary union of
information (gn-) and energy (-ergy), that has been postulated to drive all
self-organizations in the Universe, from chemical reactions to the
organizations of the Cosmos, including the mental activities of Homo sapiens
[4, 7].

Table 1.  The type-token duality (TTD) of concepts, including information and
parametric equations.

Information

Planckian Distribution Equation (PDE)

Type

                    f                g
            A --------> B --------> C
             |                                   ^
             |                                    |
             |__________________|

Irreducible Triadic Relation (ITR)
=>  f x g = h.
“Operation f followed by operation g leads to the same result as operation h”

       y = (A/(x + B)5)/(eC/(x +B) -1)

y = frequency or probability
x = classes or bins
A, B and C = free parameters

Tokens

Semiotics:
A = object; B = sign; C = interpretant
f = sign production
g = sign interpretation
h = correspondence or information flow

Protein folding:
y = frequency
x = folding free energy
A = 1.24x109
B = 0.721
C = 38.97

Aristotle:
A = Hylomorph
B = Matter
C = Form
f = natural process
g = mental process
h = information flow

mRNA levels in yeast under stress:
y = frequency or probability
x = mRNA copy number class or bin
A = 1.11x1012
B = 13.96
C = 159.30

Spinoza:
A = Substance
B = Extension
C = Thought
f = natural process
g = mental process
h = information flow

mRNA levels in human breast tissues:
y = frequency or probability
x = mRNA copy number class or bin
A = 2.36x103
B = 0.213
C = 5.00

General relativity:
A = Matter
B = curved spacetime
C = motion
f =  mass-induced curvature
g = geodesic motion
h = gravity

Protein chain length distribution:
y = frequency or probability
x = protein chain length
A = 2.04x1013
B = 5.655
C = 1.257x103

With alll the best.

Sung

Referecnes:

  [1]

Ji, S. (2016). WAVE-PARTICLE DUALITY IN PHYSICS AND BIOMEDICAL
SCIENCES.<http://www.conformon.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/PDE_SymmetryFestival_2016.pdf>
  Symmetry: Science and Culture 27 (2): 99-127 (2016).  PDF at
http://www.conformon.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/PDE_SymmetryFestival_2016.pdf

Sungchul Ji -
conformon.net<http://www.conformon.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/PDE_SymmetryFestival_2016.pdf>
www.conformon.net
single-molecule enzymology, gene expression profiles, econophysics,
glottometrics, Menzerath-Altmann law, information-energy complementarity,
yin-yang ...

   [2]  Ji, S. (2015). Planckian distributions in molecular machines, living
cells, and brains: The wave-particle duality in biomedical
sciences.<http://www.conformon.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/PDE_Vienna_2015.pdf>
  In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Biology and Biomedical
Engineering, Vienna, March 15-17, 2015. Pp. 115-137. PDF at
http://www.conformon.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/PDE_SymmetryFestival_2016.pdf
Sungchul Ji -
conformon.net<http://www.conformon.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/PDE_SymmetryFestival_2016.pdf>
www.conformon.net
single-molecule enzymology, gene expression profiles, econophysics,
glottometrics, Menzerath-Altmann law, information-energy complementarity,
yin-yang ...

   [3]Ji, S. (2015). PLANCKIAN INFORMATION (IP): A NEW MEASURE OF ORDER IN
ATOMS, ENZYMES, CELLS, BRAINS, HUMAN SOCIETIES, AND THE COSMOS.
<http://www.conformon.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/PDE_Vigier9.pdf>  In:
Unified Field Mechanics: Natural Science beyond the Veil of Spacetime (Amoroso,
R., Rowlands, P., and Kauffman, L. eds.), World Scientific, New Jersey, 2015,
pp. 579-589) PDF at
http://www.conformon.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/PDE_Vigier9.pdf
PLANCKIAN INFORMATION (IP): A NEW MEASURE OF ORDER IN
...<http://www.conformon.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/PDE_Vigier9.pdf>
www.conformon.net
1 PLANCKIAN INFORMATION (I P): A NEW MEASURE OF ORDER IN ATOMS, ENZYMES, CELLS,
BRAINS, HUMAN SOCIETIES, AND THE COSMOS SUNGCHUL JI Department of Pharmacology
and ...

   [4]  Ji, S. (2017).  The Cell Language Theory: connecting Mind and Matter.
World Scientific, New Jersey.   Chapter 9.  In press.

    [5]  Burgin, M. (2010).  Theory of Information: fundamentality, diversity,
and unification.  World Scientific, Singapore.

    [6]  Ji, S. (2012).
Complementarity.<http://www.conformon.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Excerpts_Chapters_2_complementarity_08192012.pdf>
  In: Molecular Theory of the Living Cell: Concepts, Molecular Mechanisms, and
Biomedical Applications.  Springer, New York.  Section 2.3, pp. 24-50. PDF at
http://www.conformon.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Excerpts_Chapters_2_complementarity_08192012.pdf

2.3 Complementarity -
conformon.net<http://www.conformon.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Excerpts_Chapters_2_complementarity_08192012.pdf>
www.conformon.net
As an example of supplementarity, Einstein’s equation in special relativity, E
= mc2 (Shadowitz 1968), may be cited. Energy (A) and matter (B) may be viewed
as extreme

   [7] Ji, S. (2017).  Neo_Semiotics: Introducing Zeroness into the Peircean
Semiotics may Bridge the Knowable and the Unknowable.  Progress in Biophysics
and Molecular Biology (accepted).