Hostname completion on ~/.ssh/config should work. e.g.

  $ ssh br[tab]

I'm not entirely sure how it's all hooked together, but you might like
to check that

  $ __fish_print_hostnames

outputs hostnames (or aliases) from your ~/.ssh/config? It's defined in

/usr/local/share/fish/functions/__fish_print_hostnames.fish

(This function is used by completions/ssh.fish.)

Michael