On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 02:09:20PM +0000, Michael Stillwell wrote:
Hostname completion on ~/.ssh/config should work. e.g.

 $ ssh br[tab]

Jep and thats the problem. This ist my .ssh/config:

host    homeserver
     Hostname        192.168.1.2
     User            shellmann
     IdentityFile    ~/.ssh/id_rsa_work

host    publicserver
     Hostname        75.39.47.2
     User            root
     IdentityFile    ~/.ssh/id_rsa_work

The completion only tooks the hostname. The host is ignored.

The bash completion for example uses the host. My .ssh/config file
contains round about 100 entries. So it's hard to remember these IPs and
cryptical hostnames.

I'm not entirely sure how it's all hooked together, but you might like
to check that

 $ __fish_print_hostnames

outputs hostnames (or aliases) from your ~/.ssh/config? It's defined in

/usr/local/share/fish/functions/__fish_print_hostnames.fish

(This function is used by completions/ssh.fish.)

Michael