It is working properly for me now (with and without oh-my-fish).  Sorry for
the false alarm.  Using the most recent build solved the issue I was
experiencing.

Worth noting that my parallel script was using git+ssh to remote servers
that had an older version of fish as the default shell and that was what
was giving the error message.  When I switched to bash (as well as when I
upgraded fish to a build from master on the remote machine) the problem
went away.