Alan Schmitt
<alan.schm...@polytechnique.org> writes:

> I really like fish, and I also really like emacs. So I'm looking into
> using fish in a terminal running inside emacs. Most things work well,
> with a few caveats.

Same here, I recently moved to Emacs and spend lot of time there, but
when invoking shell, I'd like to keep fish's fucntionality.

I can't say that 'most things work well' since I use powerlineshell for
my prompt which confuses Emacs quite a lot.

> I was wondering if someone knows where this extra character comes from.
> If you have any tip on making emacs and fish work better together, I'd
> gladly take them.

+1 for any hint how to make fish & emacs play nicely together.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
An intelligent person does not take part in the sources of misery,
which are due to contact with the material senses. O son of Kuntī,