Hi _fish,

On 2014-04-14 19:04, ridiculous_fish <corydo...@ridiculousfish.com> writes:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Glad to hear you like fish :)

I do !

> The ⏎ character is meant to be visible when the output of the last run
> program did not have a trailing newline, and so fish had to insert one.
> Since fish can’t actually see that output, it has to accomplish this by
> printing the marker, then a bunch of spaces, then a \r to go back to the
> beginning of the line, then one more space. If this occurred when the
> cursor was at the beginning of the line, it will end up where it
> started; otherwise it will wrap to the next line.

The line in the emacs ansi-term window is wrapped. It's as if the "\r"
is interpreted by ansi-term as going sufficiently far to the right to be
wrapped to the next line.

> For the emacs ansi-term incompatibility, can you please open an issue at
> https://github.com/fish-shell/fish-shell/issues ? I wasn’t able to
> reproduce this behavior in my tests, so anything you can tell us about
> your config will be helpful.

I put a bug report at
https://github.com/fish-shell/fish-shell/issues/1411. I made sure to
move my .config/fish directory away before filing the bug. Are there
other places where configuration may be kept that could interfere?

(After writing this I realize your request for the bug report may have
been directed to the other person having issues with ansi-term ... but
I guess it cannot hurt to report my minor issue as well.)

Thanks,

Alan