On 1/11/12 10:07 PM, "Web DoubleFx" <webdoubl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> We do not get something for nothing, I am willing to sacrifice a bit of the
> Falcon compile time gain to get such features, that's a big YES even.
> Before the flexsummit, we did a online meeting for french flex developpers
> about what we wanted for the futur of Flex, that's a summary :
> http://www.flex-tutorial.fr/2011/12/08/flex-5-most-wanted-features-polls-and-r
> esults/, the most important one was " Improve the language (private
> constructors: operator overloading, generics, metatags, enums, abstract
> classes, introspection, Š) so that ActionScript becomes the same level as
> Java".
>
> You said in several e-mails already that if we want a better language
> implementation, we have to do trade-off and accept to sacrify performence, I
> think many people would like to know for each of the new features, what is the
> exact cost, is it possible to measure it or even get a good idea of it  ?
> Frédéric Thomas
I haven't done enough research to know what the costs would be.  My first
question would be, why do you absolutely have to have equivalency with Java?
And, given that the VM is "fixed" do you care that some of these things
would be un-enforced in the runtime?  Maybe you should just compile Java to
ABC?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team