On 1/12/12 12:27 AM, "Web DoubleFx" <webdoubl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> why couldn't we have the same in flash if we really want it, maybe a question
> of performence,
Well, I'm not a language expert, but my friends on the VM team constantly
remind me about late-binding and its advantages, and dynamic languages and
their advantages in a constrained environment.  We'd have to give up a lot
of that to be equivalent with Java and then the approachability and
forgiveness that makes programming in AS3 fun and easy might go away.

Although I would definitely like to try a stricter mode that strict-mode to
see what it would be able to do...

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team