On 1/12/12 1:14 AM, "Web DoubleFx" <webdoubl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> There are many pros and cons using late-binding over early-binding, I don't
> how it is implemented in the Flash VM but and I can beleive to their
> advantages in a constrained environment but what I would like to know is the
> real drawback in term of performence measured, having enums, private
> constructors, generics, is that possible in some way to ask that to the VM
> team ?

I think their response would be conjecture.  Besides, if we do any of these
things we have to do it without changing the VM.

>>  We'd have to give up a lot> of that to be equivalent with Java and then the
>> approachability and
>> forgiveness that makes programming in AS3 fun and easy might go away.
>
> I not sure to be able to follow you, how can we have less fun and ease
> improving the language ?
One of the advantages of AS is that it is forgiving.  You can turn off
strict mode and hack away and crank out an app in a very short time.  Every
once in a while I try to do that in C or Java and spend lots of time fixing
up type errors.  I think that is a great benefit to folks looking to write
simple apps and quickly get them up and running.  I don't think we want to
lose that.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team