My question about this story is your take on the cost of development
of Flash compared to Flex.  Figure in development cost (Design Time,
Training, Maintenance, etcÂ… ) for one 1 year or more.  Is there a
big
enough difference in Staff Costs to warrant a $750k licensing of Flex
over a longer period of time.

I experience between working on a Flash project with a team of >2
people can be hard to do unless you use all ActionScript files and 3rd
Party Flash compilers.  But to be able to use traditional Enterprise
development strategies with Flex development has saved lots of time
and Staff costs.  But I can see where some applications will not work
with the way Flex is licensing their servers because of the high price
tag.

I do agree that Flex prices hinder proper server farming when
designing an application.

Do most people believe there is a real money benefit with Developer
salary/time costs when comparing Flex development to Flash
development?