Judith,

I might have to disagree with Dave...

Although Steven's 6 part series is certainly very helpful, it addresses Cg
.99 and contains multiple references to the sample files in the
cairngrom99.zip download.  There are quite a few differences between Cg .99
and the newer Cg 2 "beta" framework as well as several code differences in
the samples that don't work in F2B2 or 3 without some tweaking.

If you're looking for an overview of the Cairngorm philosophy with just a
few light code examples then Steven's articles would be perfect to start
from, but if you're looking for something to work from, code samples, code
you can run in F2B3, something more hands on or in depth then you'd probably
need to write something new.  Although those Cg .99 articles (currently
printed and sitting on my desk by-the-way!) and code samples are
outstanding, I also believe they are in need of some updating once F2 and Cg
2 are out of "beta."  Someone learning Flex and/or Cairngorm for the first
time may be more confused than helped by the .99 stuff when they try to
install and run the samples in Builder.

Darren