Dan,

We have done our darndest to combine the best of both worlds: the familiar
world of recognizable control names (on one hand) with the technically and
precisely correct names (on the other).  As you will notice, if you hover
over the RF control on the front panel (and nearly all other controls), you
will get a tooltip pop-up that gives more information about the control.  In
this tooltip, it notes that this control really is controlling the "Max AGC
Gain."

Three years ago, we may not have made that same decision as we were selling
primarily to technical experimenters.  Today, we are moving into more of a
mainstream market and must make changes to accommodate such a market that
are in the best interest of our business (so we can keep bringing you
software).

Again this serves to point out the fact that there are numerous opinions
about what a console should and should not be/look like/act/etc.  All the
more reason to continue down the path to simplify custom customer created
consoles (4 C's --- hmmm).  :)

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems