From: Lester Veenstra <les...@veenstras.com>
To: Kevin Whitcomb <kevinwhitc...@hotmail.com>, flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Sent: Mon, Jun 11, 2012 06:29:55 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Looking to buy a 1500 and for some advice

Kevin:
    Not to denigrate the F:EX ( I am waiting on a 5000) but as one who has
trouble finding open spaces in the passport for new visa stamps, may I
suggest you look at the Yaesu FT-857, or similar.   This, in the size of a
book, gives 100 watts on all modes, all bands, and you do not need a laptop
unless you are running digital.   You do need 12V.   In most travel
situations, I get that with a jumper cable hooked to a car battery, with the
other end modified with a connector to the radio. By the way, on the beach,
I run from 8 AM to 4PM with just a 50 AH battery that I charge up at night.
     Les

Lester B Veenstra  MØYCM K1YCM W8YCM
les...@veenstras.com
m0...@veenstras.com
k1...@veenstras.com

After 15 June 2012
US Postal Address:
5 Shrine Club Drive
HC84 Box 89C
Keyser WV 26726

Before 15 June 2012
UK Postal Address:
Dawn Cottage
Norwood, Harrogate
HG3 1SD, UK

Telephones:
Office:     +44-(0)1423-846-385
Home:     +44-(0)1943-880-963
Guam Cell: +1-671-929-8141
UK Cell:  +44-(0)7716-298-224
US Cell:   +1-240-425-7335
Jamaica:  +1-876-352-7504

This e-mail and any documents attached hereto contain confidential or
privileged information. The information is intended to be for use only by
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to
the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of the contents of this e-mail or any documents attached hereto is
prohibited.