I find the biggest adjustment I use other than playing with the taps is
AGC-T, but I am sure you have tried that already.

I have had success with knocking down noise in my plasma tv infected home
station.

I don't have the same issue with my remote base, and there I use just a
TS480 which hears so much more as the noise floor is just that much better.

Mike va3mw