On Sat, 30 Jan 2010, Tim Moore wrote:

>> As was explained to me on IRC, this is already a solved problem: Qt widgets
> can be drawn into OpenGL buffers. That doesn't change the fact that it would
> be a great deal of work to port  our GUI to Qt, and it would introduce a
> very large external dependency. Having seen the fit pitched when I started
> using boost...
>
> Now, big projects can get done, and motivated individuals with time on their
> hands can work wonders. We should keep in mind the relative importance of
> the GUI system to the whole flying experience and judge whether it would be
> worth the effort to do a huge rewrite in this area.

That's good to know Tim, I hadn't realized that.

Assuming that _something_ should be done with the GUI as it stands now,
what would be more effective, porting the whole thing to Qt or updating
Pui to address any deficiencies that it has - at least with regard to
FlightGear?

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007