Cameron Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Speaking of which, when I hit 's' to switch panel, it looks like we're
> reading the XML file each time.  It funny that loading scenery doesn't
> cause any hiccups in performance but switching panels does.

Yep, I just used the panel-load that was/is bound to a function key after
swapping the panel path property.  Panel-load is mostly for reloading the panel
while making changes to it (without having to reload flightgear).  At some
point it might be a good idea to create an array of panel objects and load
them all at startup.

Jim