On Friday 04 July 2003 13:49, Jim Wilson wrote:
> WillyB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> > learning myself. As for the FG code, I'm not even where to begin looking
> > to see how it's all put together.
>
> Start by trying to track properties you are interested in back to the code
> that updates them (the main reason for writing the property browser, btw).
> It's not that bad...just takes a litle time.
>
> > I did take a c++ class back in about 81 or so, when an 80286 was new and
> > MS just came out with windows 3.0.  That was a long time ago.
>
> Oops! dates don't match up ;-)  IIRC 80286 was 1984, C++ was still in the
> lab in 1985, Windows 3.0 released 1990!

hmmm.. I guess I started the school in 89 then, but I remember they just
purchased the 80286, so maybe it was just new to the school.
I don't have such a good memory when it comes to anything more than a few
years back, unless it's something I think about all the time. They did get
Windows after I had been going for a while, so I'd say 89-90 was when I was
there. It was a one year course and I started in late summer.

It was a computer applications course at one of those almost college school..
Draughns I think.

I do remember that we learned dos 4.0 and used a dos disk to boot the schools
computers. I learned dbase and clipper there also, along with computerized
accounting and wordperfect also.

That was what got me interested in computers anyway.

Thanks for the corrections! Anything that helps jog my long-term memory is
good ;)

Re's
WillyB