"John Barrett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What this gets us:
[...]
> 2. running headless connected to a multiplayer server, the FGFS instance can
> handle multiple AI driven planes in the world on behalf of the server,
> creating a distributed server environment for larger simulations
[...]

I'd like to plug a possible scenario here that didn't get mentioned
yet: People running FGFS on a machine without direct internet
connection, no masquerading, not port-forwarding. These people read
their web-pages via Squid and get their EMail from a local mail-
gateway. These people would me delighted to see the FG server function
as a proxy on their internet gateway - also a scenario that would fall
under "distributed server environment".

Just as a side note ....

        Martin.