John Barrett wrote:

Hmm... perhaps the person who was thinking about puting some life on the
ground might like to try shipping first as it might be easier than trying
to follow roads;)

Keep going -- lotsa other things that can be added :) One issue is consistency of display -- I would say making ship/vehicle positions determinstic based on time, so that all clients can use the server clock as a reference for controlling motion, and all the clients on a given server will see vehicles of this type at the same locations and with the same motions.

SimGear provides random functions that give the same result on every platform provided they use the same seed and the same access order. That way we were able to synchronize the random objects across different displays in a multi-display system.

Erik