On Tuesday, 11 November 2003 00:47, Gene Buckle wrote:
> I see code like this:
> limit_value (double * value, const SGPropertyNode * arg)
> .and wonder about the placement of the pointer operator.

C syntax     : <type> *p
C++ syntax : <type>* p

The compiler doesn't care which you use.
They both mean the same thing.

> Why the "extra" whitespace in the declaration?

Cause some developer felt like coding that way.
(I don't like his/her style but it's still valid)
The compiler knows that it's not multiplication because it is a type
declaration. Remove the type and it would mean multiplication.

The same rule applies to multiplying integer/floating point variables.
a* b = a *b = a * b

The compiler knows the difference between variables and types.

Paul