On Monday, 10 November 2003 23:40, Gene Buckle wrote:
> Thanks Paul.  I pay my mortage with Delphi, VB & Pick.  My C/C++ skills
> are just enough to be able to identify it on sight and begin running the
> other way. :)

I also come from a Delphi background but find the switch very easy.
Both support OOP.
Both support pointers (C++ does it MUCH more easily BTW)
Both use similar language structures (just slight syntax differences)
Why does C++ scare you?

> Do you know of a small paper quick reference that's any good?

A reference for the C++ language syntax or for C++ libraries?
C++ apps tend to use many different libraries so you really need documentation
for each of them.
I use glibc docs, libstdc++ docs, opengl docs, etc and then if I can't find
anything I search the library source code for key words.  :)

If you manage to find an all-in-one let me know!

Paul