On Wednesday 04 August 2004 20:54, Frederic Bouvier wrote:

> The idea would be to control the AI traffics ( creation, animation and
> deletion ) from an external program with the telnet interface.
> Someone ask me if it is possible lately, and I think he is prepared
> to do the required changes. I already suggested him to design new
> commands for creation/deletion and use the properties for animation.
> They would be 'run' from the telnet prompt.

Hmm, that's an interesting thought, because that was actually one of the
possible mechanisms that I had in mind for the traffic manager. That is, have
the schedules managed by an independent program that would communicate with
FlightGear through a network layer. In the end I decided not to go into this
direction after doing some tests and finding that the the easiest way to do
it was by adding the traffic manager as a subsystem to the main FlightGear
program, specifically because the overhead of managing the schedules turned
out to be a quite low.

Doing this through a network remains an interesting option though...

Cheers,
Durk