Erik Hofman wrote:
Frederic Bouvier wrote:

Is there a way to create new instances of AIAircraft or another kind on the fly, just by adding some nodes in the property tree, or running a command from the telnet
interface, that is, without modifying the source code ? Is there something planned in this direction ?

Fred,

Could you please hold off doing any work on the AI subsystems?
I am investigating the possibilities to move parts of that code over to SimGear and it might be possible that functionality gets added in the move.

Curt and I have agreed that we need some sort of DCS (Distributed Content System) that synchronizes instances of dynamic models between multiple running versions of FlightGear. That way a multi display setup of FlightGear will work with ATC/AIModels/AI Traffic (and MultiPlayer) code enabled.

I see I should have read the entire thread before I replied :-)

--
Jon Stockill