And here is what I have to say.  :-)

> (A) will a new official plib release be required?

Depends: fgfs with legacy GUI does probably not need a new plib, at
least I'm not aware of relevant bugfixes. (any important js fixes?)
If we advertise GUI theming (which we IMHO should) -- and maybe even
switch to a new theme -- then a new release would be advisable: pixmap
fonts aren't handled correctly by the last release, as well as some
widget colors. Another color problem is yet to be fixed, but no
show-stopper.

> (B) which bugs need to be fixed (and by whom :-)?

I ran into another groundcache endless loop yesterday. This is IMHO
a showstopper that needs a fix. I'll look into that next time I see it
(and let Mathias fix it ;-).

A fix for the cut-off 3d clouds would be nice. They collide with
overcast cloud layers. Probably not easy to fix. No show-stopper.

> (C) which features need to be completed?

replacing the non-GPL-compatible sun/moon stuff

Using an alternative GUI theme by default would IMHO be a good idea.
Doesn't have to be mine, of course. The sharper and smaller pixmap
fonts look better, the dark color is night-flight-friendlier, and
a new look would cause an immense AAAHHH effect.  :-)

The new shadows should possibly be activated by default. Or does
not enough 3D hardware/software support it, so that this would
cause too many problems? Activate 3D clouds by default, too?

> (D) which a/c should be included?

I don't even know which a/c were in the last release. But the b1900d
has such a nice cockpit, that it should get added if it isn't already.

> (E) for when could/should the release be planned (i.e. how much time
>     is left to fix bugs etc.)?

That's up to the master to decide. But I would really like to know
soon enough for when the release is planned. Let's say, two weeks
before. It would also be nice if we could see the list of new features.
There was so much changed that some things are possibly missing
(although Curt usually does an amazing job here).

That's what I can say off the top of my head, but I'll probably add
some points as I run into them ...

m.