Jeff McBride wrote:

This one is a little lost on me. I understand why quoting whole

messages, and using HTML or
various encoding schemes can be a nuisance, but to me it is easier to
write and read replies at the top of the old message. I suppose if you
are looking back in an archive, it might make more sense to read
oldest to newest from top to bottom. But that seems like a pretty easy
adjustment.  So what is the argument here against "topposting"?
Topposting makes only more sense, when you are too lazy to quote selectively instead of just quoting the whole mail (probably including signatures and ads...). And to have some context is not only nice when reading through an archive, but also when reading a lot of mail each day. So it's the easies if you can just open a mail, read a few lines to know what the topic is and then read the answer to that and not to open a mail, read a sentence, have no clue what it's talking about, scrolling to below and start searching for some this vital info.

Nine