Well, I wasn't going to way-in until someone mentioned Scale and Mathworks.

Just to set the record straight, for the 747 we'll be using FG-0.9.8 modified to handle all the 747 subsystems, engine models, synthetic voice, etc, etc. All the source files were provided to the primary authors, but for what ever reason they chose not to incorporate the code into CVS or ongoing releases. Bottom line, it has become a real pain in the *** to keep in sync, so why bother 0.9.9 does nothing new, great, or better for stand-alone sims. No wonder the whole world of cockpit builders prefers MS Windows.

Packing and moving the sim requires time and expenses. For Scale and Mathworks it cost several hundred dollars which were not reimbursed; all we got from Mathworks was a free lunch.

For all those complaining, my advice is "put a sock in it"

JW