On Saturday 17 December 2005 16:10, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> Maybe we should drop the arbitrary version numbering scheme (and I do
> see the version numbers as 99.9.9% arbitrary) and go with code names for
> our releases.  Would that make people happier?
>
> Curt.

No what would make us more happy is to know why there is such an urgency to
have two FG releases in the space of a couple of months when up till now
we've been releasing about once per year.
What has prompted this change?

This decision didn't involve the developers at all.
Not even a "guys what do you think about having another release in January
that just contains bug fixes?"

Are we changing to a frequent release cycle or what?
When will the next release be after 1.0? March or April?

Paul