On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 11:57:43 +0200, Ralf wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi Arnt,
>
> Arnt Karlsen schrieb:
> > ..in precisely that process, building a new GVAC Cape Verde out of
> > your VMap1 data and then KOSH, I am trying to get TerraGear built:
> > http://80.239.32.252/terrorgear.configure.fails  ,   and post with
> > message-id: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
>
> I'll try to have a look at it ASAP. Sorry, for not answering earlier,
> sometimes I'm reading flightgear-devel in a hurry and even Terr_a_Gear
>  ;-) posts seem to go under my radar. Mind you: In the olden times,
>  when
> TerraGear required nurbs++ as a dependency, building TerraGear was
> even  more a hassle than it is now.

..aye, I hear it earned its nick name with glee, "Masochists only."  ;O)

> Currently, the address you provided does not seem to be reachable...

..thanks, a power outage was scheduled by the utility here,
grid work, so I shut down everything, should be up now.

> BTW: I have done a build of Cape Verde and it took me about 300MB
> (shapefiles+workdir+final scenery, but not including necessary SRTM
> downloads). Martin's shapefiles extend further than the region
> required  for the actual islands, so I enforced a smaller boundary
> rectangle on  building. The result is available on
> ftp://ftp.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/Misc_rag/cape_verde-20060526.tar.bz2

..aye.  My plan was do it to get a feel for what I'm in for doing a
new KOSH for http://airventure.org/ with 2 runways shut down,
and Taxiway Papa becoming RWY 18R/36L.

> To all: I have a Makefile available building plib, SimGear,
> FlightGear,  TerrorGear+dependencies, fgsd and TaxiDraw, at least
> under Linux. I  don't know whether it is in good shape - haven't
> checked compiling fgsd  for a while and I have to check whether I
> distribute anything that  should go with it - but I can make it
> available if anybody is  interested. I also have a Perl script doing
> all my scenery builds, which  is able to build both based on our
> custom-scenery.org-style category  files as well as Martin's current
> shapefile nomenclature. If you want  them, you can have them, but they
> come without any warranty to work on  your box.
>
> Please don't expect me to put this up earlier than this evening
> (UTC+2h). Now that I mentioned it, I can't think of any good reason
> why  I didn't put this online earlier anyway %-)

..urls?  ;O)

> Cheers,
> Ralf

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: