On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Ralf Gerlich wrote:

> I'm confused. Does the KAP140 use the trim or not?

It does not use trims (i.e. trim tabs, usually) for controlling the
aircraft. The AP servos drive the control surfaces directly so the pitch
servo operates pitch, not pitch trim (tabs); just as the roll servo
operates on the ailerons, not the aileron trim tabs. (And there is no servo
operating the rudder or rudder trim tab for the kap140)

There is however an optional electric elevator trim function which is not
implemented in the FG kap140 model and that can (IRL) be manually operated
or automatic. See pp 3 -- 7 in the KAP140 Pilot Guide.  The figure on p. 7
in particular. There is a roll servo and a pitch servo.  The optional pitch
_trim_ servo shown in the figure would move the elevator trim tabs rather
than the whole elevator. (depending on aircraft design of course)

I suppose the pitch trim servo would actuate the same mechanisms as the
pilot uses for trim pitch, so even if the aircraft has some other physical
means for pitch trimming than tabs on the trailing edge of the elevator, it
would still be two different input points.