Hi!

Heiko Schulz wrote:
> Nice to hear!
>
> So the developement goes on? So it get's more
> userfriendly, and more independant of the platform?

We don't have a development plan yet. There are some things we'd like to
adress in the near future such as interfacing to GDAL and OGR, but there
are some more things on our mind that we might start working on.

Essentially the basic workflow of TerraGear will probably stay the same
due to the possibility of parallelisation for automatic scenery
building, but we'll probably need some more finetuned interface if we
want to implement instantaneous and local scenery rebuilds from
mapserver.flightgear.org on submission of new local data.

> I hope there is will be a healthy competeion between
> terragear and fgsd!

As far as I view the relationship between fgsd they are more
complementary than competitors. TerraGear is clearly better suited for
automatic rebuilding as we will need it based on the scenery database,
while fgsd is more suited for local work.

So we will clearly not focus our work on competing with fgsd.

I have to stress that there might not be big movement straight ahead,
but currently I have some spare time to work on some TerraGear
extensions, so it was the time to establish the work environment.

Cheers,
Ralf