* Ralf Gerlich -- Friday 09 November 2007:
> I don't have access to TerraGear CVS and probably won't get any
> in the near future, I have switched to managing my additions
> locally with git,

Maybe you don't want CVS access anymore, after you have dived
into git, but I think you should have access to TerraGear, and
maintain an alternative branch there. The main branch is a
sensible area, and I understand why Curt is conservative here.
It's not that you aren't trusted or deemed competent -- quite
on the contrary --, but not all of your goals might be project
goals yet. It looks like you aim for maximum quality and resolution,
and I sure would like to have that too. But I tried your Bodensee
tiles. Once or twice, and then never again. They made my machine
crawl. If that became default fgfs scenery, then I'd have to
leave the project (or ask people to donate a good machine).
Of course, I understand that there's also a lot of room for
improvements that don't force me to spend a few hundred Euro. :-)

m.