Hi Melchior!

Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> Maybe you don't want CVS access anymore, after you have dived
> into git, but I think you should have access to TerraGear, and
> maintain an alternative branch there. The main branch is a
> sensible area, and I understand why Curt is conservative here.

I do understand Curt's point of view. It all started with the notion
that git would be a good idea to use for managing my stuff outside CVS...

> It's not that you aren't trusted or deemed competent -- quite
> on the contrary --, but not all of your goals might be project
> goals yet. It looks like you aim for maximum quality and resolution,

...but then we realised exactly that we have possibly different aims. In
principle this is a fork of course, but it also is a way to establish a
good technical environment for our development. I have grown quite fond
of git already. ;-)

> and I sure would like to have that too. But I tried your Bodensee
> tiles. Once or twice, and then never again. They made my machine
> crawl. If that became default fgfs scenery, then I'd have to
> leave the project (or ask people to donate a good machine).

Oh, we know that problem and it's one of our many issues we are working
on. But as you might know from 3D-modelling it's often easier to use
more triangles than less. Most of that btw comes from the high
additional triangles from the line data.

Cheers,
Ralf