James wrote:

> A "light sport" aircraft or something close would be good, there is a
> big gap between the Dragonfly and a 172, this in fact is probably the
> biggest growth area of aviation these days so seems a shame to skip over
> it.
>
> Likely candidates (one of):
>
>   Lionceau
>   Skyranger
>   J3

Personally, I've always had a soft spot for the J3 Cub. It doesn't have a
high-poly model
or an advanced 3D cockpit, bit it something that people with low-spec machines
can run, and it is pretty small (400kb gzipped). It has also been in the base
package
for as long as I can remember, so provides some continuity.

> Don't know about the Camel, it doesn't have good sound, the wheel chocks
> don't appear to disappear, having engine throttle is really not
> realistic etc... I'd prefer the Stampe or AN-2 to be the biplane, both
> are very nice.

I'm not at my main machine right now, so I can't check, but I think the AN-2 is
about 30MB in size, so probably a bit big for the base package.

-Stuart