Hi Curt,

> (are we going to release 1.9.0, aren't we. I'm a bit confused with our
> versioning thingies... We need to have more clear versioning pilocy,
> but this should be discussed some other time).
>
> Part of the confusion is my fault.  It was my understanding from
> discussion a year ago that the 1.x numbers were for the plib branch
> (most likely 1.0 being the last real plib release.)  And then the
> first OSG based release would be v2.0.  I somehow missed the
> discussion and rational that arrived at a v1.9 version for the first
> OSG based release.  So internally I had been marking the development
> version as 1.99.x and was up to 1.99.5 (nearing 2.0 in my mind) and
> had commited that to cvs

Okay, I understand the background of this issue. I'll make a 1.9.0-
pre1 package for mac os x tonight. Maybe I'll leave 1.99.5 in the
version file at this moment.

> I'm working on a script to streamline the releases and have it
> mostly ready for SimGear, but I decided to hold off pushing that
> into production until I got a clearer direction of what we wanted to
> do with version numbers.

I hope this doen't mean that we might have a different version number
for the next release. I hate to have some fights/discussions on
version numbers right before the release like "1.0.0 vs 0.9.11" again.

Anyway, it is a good idea to postpone the script support before having
a clear versionig policy and release process. I do want to discuss
these, probably after this release unless many developers want to
improve our release process and versioning policy.

Best,

Tat

p.s.
I hope you guys won't take this as a critisism. I just want to do some
help.

I do thank Curt, Durk, and so many developers for their efforts on
this great project.