On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Tatsuhiro Nishioka
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all, many thanks for your effort on this.
>
> I've been downloading the tar files but  these are still being
> downloaded and will take about 24 or more hours.... My network is TFFH
> but it doesn't help me this time.
>
> Could you (or Curt) give a tag (like RELEASE_1_9_0_PRE1) to the source
> files and base packages in the cvs so I can check out instead of
> downloading the tarballs?
> (are we going to release 1.9.0, aren't we. I'm a bit confused with our
> versioning thingies... We need to have more clear versioning pilocy,
> but this should be discussed some other time).

Part of the confusion is my fault.  It was my understanding from discussion
a year ago that the 1.x numbers were for the plib branch (most likely 1.0
being the last real plib release.)  And then the first OSG based release
would be v2.0.  I somehow missed the discussion and rational that arrived at
a v1.9 version for the first OSG based release.  So internally I had been
marking the development version as 1.99.x and was up to 1.99.5 (nearing 2.0
in my mind) and had commited that to cvs.

I'm working on a script to streamline the releases and have it mostly ready
for SimGear, but I decided to hold off pushing that into production until I
got a clearer direction of what we wanted to do with version numbers.

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/