Hello all --

Something I did last week has rendered me unable to use FGCOM.

I am running Vista Home Premium SP2 with a RealTek HD Audio sound
device.  Last week, FGCOM was running fine.  During the week,
I re-imaged the drive, reinstalled Vista, did all of the requisite OS
updates, and reinstalled FG via the Win32 1.9.1b installer package; I
then downloaded Tortoise CVS, checked out the data module based on the
date of the latest available Win32 build from Fred's FTP site,
downloaded and extracted that build.  That should've put me back
where I was before the reimaging (except on a much bigger HD partition
-- which was the reason for the maneuver).

Then I downloaded and reinstalled FGCOM from jomo's page
(http://www.emmerich-j.de/FGFS/FGCOM-win_1.1.0.zip)
-- which, when extracted into the bin/win32 folder, worked just fine
for me before, using the generic HD Audio driver that Vista
self-detected.  This time, it gives me a persistent error on
startup:

"fgcom - a communication radio based on VoIP with IAX/Asterisk
(c)2007 by H. Wirtz <wi...@dfn.de>
Version 1.1.0 build unknown
Using iaxclient library Version SVN UNKNOWN

OpenAl function alcCaptureOpenDevice failed with code 0
FATAL ERROR: cannot initialize iaxclient!"

Updating to the correct eMachines/RealTek driver did nothing to
alleviate this condition.  As far as I can tell, there is nothing
else sound-related which is different from my current setup versus my
setup of a week ago.

Can anyone help me translate this error message into something I can
use to give me additional directions in which to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance,

-R. (MD-Terp)

Robert M. Shearman, Jr.

Transit Operations Supervisor,

University of Maryland Department of Transportation

also known as rm...@umd.edu