On 09/22/09 08:03, Ron Jensen wrote:

> I would like to hear all the cockpit sounds in exterior views because I
> am still sitting "in" the cockpit.  My rudder pedals are under my feet,
> my throttle quadrant is at my knee, and the stick is in my hand.  I am
> still flying the aircraft so it is important to hear the common cockpit
> sounds.  Markers, radio calls, etc.

1) By that argument, there should be no Doppler
 effects -- or distance effects, or azimuth
 effects -- in any view, including flyby view,
 Tower view, et cetera.  That would greatly
 simplify the audio code!

2) The counterargument is that maybe you are
 sitting somewhere, flying the plane via remote
 control.  There are lots of RC  pilots in the
 world, including in the FGFS user community.
 And even some in the USAF.