Thanks Torsten and Eric,

As always helpful and valid hints from folks on this list.

Torsten, I had spotted your wiki page and noted the similarities with
your AVR chip and my use of Pics, I did not however notice and pick up
on your special FG code for the slave PC. It looks like the answer to
my quest, the Atom board maybe not!

I have had a quick look, the readme states how to build it but I have
not found a reference to what version of FG to compile with ?
Hopefully one of the 1.9x will be ok?

Eric, thanks for the hint on the Atoms and threading, sadly I have
checked and found mine to be a 230 which according to Intel in single
core and dual thread. I have had it over a year so assume it was one
of the first ones to come out.

This most likely explains why V2 has a zero frame rate in XP and dies
with a seg fault in linux (without any compiling issues) after loading
the scenario file on it, while V 0.9 from 2006 runs fine in XP.

So I am going to try it with V1.9.1, but I will start with a fresh
SUSE install. Hopefully i can get an OSG version of FG to run on it.

Thanks again guys, Harry

On 5/19/10, Arnt Karlsen <a...@c2i.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2010 15:29:54 +0800, Harry wrote in message
> <aanlktikmptlauqiudmdpsmwvwjmn0hg5ho6cyqbkm...@mail.gmail.com>:
>
>> For this I would like to use an Intel atom board
>
> ..which one?
>
>> which is a pretty feeble MB but suits because its small, and low
>> power use.
>
>> Firstly has someone done this before?
>
> ..only something similar, ;o) the full FG on an AMD K6-2 450MHz
> _years_ back, 384MB ram, and an 128bit 128MB ATI Radeon 9250
> in a 2x agp slot, 2 to 5fps on the runway, 5 to 8fps in the air,
> 20fps "over water."  KDE 3 on Debian Sid GNU/Linux, if that's
> too draggy, try FluxBox, LXDE or some other lightweight WM.
>
> ..most Atom cpu's support "HyperThreading", 2 threads per
> cpu core, so I guess you can run the full current FG on at
> least the 2 core Atoms, the 330 or the D510.
>
> --
> ..med vennlig hilsen = with Kind Regards from Arnt... ;o)
> ...with a number of polar bear hunters in his ancestry...
>   Scenarios always come in sets of three:
>   best case, worst case, and just in case.

Regards Harry

19b Jln Danau Poso
Sanur, Bali
80228