"Mally" wrote:

> I despair that everyone seems to be saying this guy's operation is fully
> legal, [...]

This might be your feeling, but does not properly reflect what's been
written on this very list. If you're approaching legal affairs with
assumptions _that_ vague and imprecise as the above 'summary', then
you'll fail way before things have started.

> Frankly, I don't think we're fulfilling our responsibility to potential
> users of FlightGear if we don't do everything in OUR power to protect them
> from whatever FlightSimPro represents, and yes, it does reflect badly on the
> community, particularly if our collective response is to bury our heads in
> the sand and allow it to carry on unchallenged

Again, incorrect allegation.

BTW, I for example have a well limited 'budget' of time I can spend on
FlightGear-related stuff/development/whatever. Probably every of us is
limited in her/his ressources. Now, when looking at the FPS topic, I
would have to make my very personal decision wether I'm spending the
time on the continuation of Scenery development or on jumping into
legal trouble.
Guess what I'm going to do  ;-)  ....   _not_ !! because I think FPS is
"fully legal" but instead because the other option has a better return
on investment, not only but also in the light of the FPS issue.

> These adverts on Facebook are becoming more and more prolific, so this is an
> issue that is not really just a sideline. This is a advertising campaign
> with potentially a massive reach.

You know what Alexis did ? Don't blame other developers, take your own
share !

        Martin - who's never been with Facebook ....