Curtis Olson wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 7:32 AM, Stuart Buchanan wrote:
>> I drafted an FAQ on this subject last time it came around, which was
>> discussed
>> in detail, but never published on our website. Perhaps we should look at
>> that
>> again? It would certainly help to have a official statement we could refer
>> people to, rather than relying on 3rd parties.
>
> The wiki is a good place to put something like this I think were it can
> easily be updated as the landscape changes.

The problem with the wiki is that anyone can update it, and it doesn't come
across as "official". Having it on our website in the Announcements section
would avoid anyone maliciously modifying it, while also making it very obvious
that this is from the FlightGear development team. Given that we're dealing
with an element of mis-representation on the part of FPS, I think it's
particularly
important that our information is clearly sourced.

I don't think the situation is going to be fluid enough that we're going to need
to update our statement very often...

-Stuart