On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM,  John  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Was also looking over Thorsten's pics and writeup on the FG forum (assume
> those were the pics referenced) and wondering how to go about setting up
> the cloud scenery.

I think the pics referenced were my photos from a recent RL flying trip.

> Looked over the README.3DClouds writeup and that pretty much answered the
> howto but was unable to find any complete xml files (simple or complex) to
> start from. Are there any available?

See Environment/cloudlayers.xml for the cloud definitions used in the global
3D clouds.

> Two related questions:
>
> 1) how does one enable (use) the hi-res texture files? and

I don't recall whether the 3D clouds code uses the hi-rez textures at
all. Sorry.

> 2) where (how) are the shader programs enabled?

If you enable the 3D clouds from the View->Rendering Options menu you should
see them.

-Stuart