On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Martin Spott wrote:
> Stuart Buchanan wrote:
>
>> I don't think there is any particularly good reaon for the
>> dependency, for either the trees or the clouds.  I'm away at the
>> moment but will look at uncoupling them later in the week.
>
> Don't forget to pick up your virtual bottle of fine Whisky (note the
> spelling) afterwards,

I've now removed the dependency of both the trees and 3D clouds
on /sim/rendering/shader-effects (aka Material Shaders in the
Rendering Dialog). You'll need an up to date flightgear and fgdata
to pick up the changes.

I will be treating myself to a small glass of Balvenie as a reward :)

Now back to my ongoing quest to make the 3D clouds fast enough...

-Stuart