On 25 Apr 2012, at 12:56, James Turner wrote:

> Right, I can see that too. The draw / GPU times increases proportionally as
> the tiles (re-)load with buildings.
>
> It points to the actual geometry being the limiting factor, which is very
> odd.

http://files.goneabitbursar.com/fg/no-buildings.png
http://files.goneabitbursar.com/fg/with-buildings-density-1.png

Observations
        - where did all the quads come from? Is my card going to a slow path to
submit quads?

        - why do I have an extra 300 drawables with building on, and why aren't
they fast?
                (and there seems to be one extra primitive set per drawable,
fair enough...)

(there's obviously been a change in camera #1 too, but I'm ignoring that,
hopefully that's reasonable)

I guess I can hack the code to builds tris instead of quads, and see if that
matters. If it does I'm going to have fun updating *all* the code to only
submit pure tris!

Other suggestions most welcome.

James