-----Original Message-----
From: Renk Thorsten
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 1:31 PM
To: FlightGear developers discussions
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Random buildings improvements - phase 2

> For the purpose of making the tests more comparable, would not it be
> better to use a standard setting/script/options which would set FG to
> some defined state?

In this case clearly no. I'm interested in the relative change matrix of
framerates for two features being on or off, not in the absolute scale
factor (which depends on things like screen resolution, whether the binary
is debug mode or release mode, ...). Stuart's post contains all the
information I want to know whereas a defined state would not contain that
information.

I'm simply not interested if some people have an overall faster computer, I
know that. I'm interested in relative scaling properties.

* Thorsten
However it may be of general interest to find the relationship between
computers and current FG performance.

At the moment it seems to me that FG requirements are increasing faster than
the performance of affordable computers.  A few months ago I was getting
over 60 fps with an Intel i5-2500k CPU @3.30GHz, 8Gb Ram,  Nvidia GTS 450
combination. This is now down to 40 (no Rembrandt) and less than 20 (with
Rembrandt).

Alan