On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 9:40 AM, James Turner wrote:
> In this specific case, that means there shouldn't be a slider, there should
> be some additional values in a place that can be customised per-region.
> Since what the *user* wants is that in the region they are in, the colours /
> effect look plausible - that's all. Messing around with sliders they don't
> really understand, is not a good thing for them to be doing.

We could provide some per-region customization within materials.xml,
for example.
Unfortunately the current materials.xml format is getting quite
unwieldy, particularly
with all the regionalized settings.  I have a long-term plan to
structure the information
better.

A shorter term solution might be to offer a default Autumn drop-down
with generic
"plausible" values, and an Advanced dialog with sliders.  I need to
integrate support
for autumnal trees anyway, so this fits in with that.

-Stuart