Fabien Costantini wrote:
>> it could make sense to me to try this method and see if the makefiles we
>> currently have could be 'pregenerated' without configure (batch file?) so
>> that win32 users don't have until they install cygwin.
> Read so that win32 users don't have to run configure they would only have if
> they install cygwin on win32.

        Apparently on windows the visualc/config.h is the 'pregenerated'
        file the IDE uses during builds. It's the same one my Makefiles
        are referring to.

        So no config necessary for that.

        However, I could have my configure.bat tweak values in that file.
        Currently I create a small 'gmake-configure-include' file that
        has the DEBUG/RELEASE and VERBOSE/QUIET settings that my other
        Makefiles.MICROSOFT include in as global makefile variables.