On 01/05/2006, at 0:07, Rod Stasick wrote:

On 2006 Apr 29, at 2:18 AM, Kamen Nedev wrote:

Well, the costs are the costs. Once upon a time, we had these things called public libraries, which were really cool for people who couldn't, you know, buy 20-30 books or records a week. But we kind of forgot about these places. I mean, even our university libraries aren't what they used to be anymore.

Yes, of course: COSTS - that's always the bugaboo...
...but I've spent less time in the library too
because you no longer have to go there to hear their scratchy old LPs
(which have been played to death and ill-cared for - CDs too - for decades). Say you haven't heard "White Bird" from It's A Beautiful Day for many years.
Does you really want to call around to libraries looking for it?

Well, I was using the idea of a "public library" allegorically - to indicate the Net, or whatever's left of the free online commons out there. Oh, well, there's still some space between the bookshelves there...

Best,

Kamen

Kamen Nedev
c/Pelayo Nº38, 5º Izda.