> I like to think about simplicity as coming up with the right core
> abstractions and the optimal way to distribute complexity among them to
> support a large set of use cases.

This phrase comes up so much when talking about computational systems
that I wonder if it can be made more tangible.  It would be really
interesting to see different sets of abstractions and some
representation of the computational space that they cover.

So far, the only material I've seen that might possibly be applied to
such an approach are things like Synthetic Topology, which from what I
understand is a generalization of topology from a category theory
perspective.  Has anyone here worked with the concepts of synthetic
topology?  Anyone actually understand it?

http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~mhe/papers/barbados.pdf

wes