Would general software (and possibly hardware) architecture be better?  If
you want to throw a use case in, then I would choose MMO Game
Visual&Textual&Stored Language/Engine/Maker.  View as in
Model-View-Controller.  I want to browse, play, edit, debug, administer,
configure, ...  discrete, differential and perhaps continuous games.  I'd
like Concrete Models to be implemented in a variety of formats/languages,
databases and network protocols, and an Abstract Model, which can be
interfaced with a variety of controllers and views.  In other words, I
think any game engine should be able to plug into this architecture, with
some stovepiping, as well as any existing view from various game engines
(2D, 2.5D, 3D, command line, etc).  Ultimately, I'd like to define the MVC
interfaces (not classes) for game engines.  But perhaps someone has already
done this?

With my previous email, I am merely trying to categorize fundamental UI
views to exist into groups...I didn't ask for a huge list, but something
similar to how SQL has been broken down into DDL and DML, and further into
individual SQL statements.  Many types of UI views already mirror the
language in the database.  What other types of UI views are possible, and
can we create an ontology of them?

I haven't really figured out how shading languages fit into all of this.  I
probably need to spend sometime with them.